|Subject: Meadows Water|
|Good morning. The Meadows water will be turned off for repairs and maintenance on Wednesday, April 26th at 8 am. The system is being observed now and will stay on for as long as possible today. Please plan accordingly. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Dave|
Please bring in your bird feeders!
This continues to be an issue each spring and summer.
Please bring in bird feeders by March 15, 2023.
Caller ID Number
Due to the number of spam phone calls, a number of residents asked for the phone number used when the automatic call list is activated. The caller ID will display 1-877-698-3261, which is the toll-free number for One Call Now.
Household Hazardous Waste Day
Rental Assistance Program
The information below is from a trusted source about rental assistance. There may be a time when the car breaks, the heater burns up and COVID-19 hits the world! If you qualify, these programs are available to assist people with their rent and relieve some of the stress of life. Most vouchers need to be signed by the landlord, please contact Stacey 603-746-3600.
Deer Meadow Water Notice
Notice issued August 9, 2022 regarding Quarter 2 Arsenic
The arsenic test will continue to be performed quarterly. The allowed arsenic amount is 0.0050 mg/L. The quarter 2 running annual average was 0.0051 mg/L. Quarter 3 amount will be updated when available.
Deer Meadows and The Meadows Watering Ban
Please discontinue all outside sprinkler use. Hand watering with a hose is allowed for plants and gardens.
Please do not wash cars, houses or driveways. If you plan to pressure wash your house, please call first for an approval, depending on drought conditions.
August 24, 2022 Updates to follow
Thinking of Refinancing?
Here is a list of local banks with mobile home financing:
- Bank of New Hampshire
- Northway Bank
- Bellwether Community Credit Union
- TD Bank
- Sugar River Savings
- Webster 5 Cents Savings
- Priority Funding
Please contact Stacey if you know of other available options.
Concerns about HEAT TAPE…. the present one has been installed for years and no one knows how long it will last. Don’t wait until a pipe freezes, check it TODAY!
A fellow resident suggested this easy way to test your heat tape…
Open access to under you house to reach the heat tape wrapped around the main water supply.
Leave your hand exposed until it is real cold then grab around the insulated heat tape.
If it is warm the heat tape is working!!
Elderly Exemption for Town Taxes
Town of Hopkinton Elderly Exemption (RSA 72:39-a:)
The Town of Hopkinton has adopted an Elderly Exemption program. If qualified, the exemption is subtracted from the property assessment. The exemption for those who qualify is:
- 65-75 years of age as of April 1st= $120,000
- 76-79 years of age as of April 1st = $145,000
- 80+ years of age as of April 1st = $170,000
Applicant must fill out an Elderly Exemption Worksheet, covering the full calendar year preceding April 1st, along with a PA-29 “Permanent Application for Property Tax Credit/Exemptions”, sign, date and submit to the Assessor’s Office.
Listed below are the qualifications:
Elderly Exemption Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 65 years of age on or before April 1st of year applying.
- Must be the owner of record on or before April 1st of year applying.
- Must reside in the State of New Hampshire for 3 years on or before April 1st of year applying.
- Married couples must have been married for 5 years on or before April 1st of year applying.
- Must occupy as their principal abode the property qualifying for the elderly exemption.
Income qualifications will include any income from all sources in the calendar year proceeding April 1st.
- Single person income not to exceed $30,000
- Married persons joint income not to exceed $40,000
Asset qualifications will include any assets on the date of application
Assets not to exceed $150,000 (excluding the home in which they reside)
- All other real estate owned
- Checking and/or savings account balances
- CD’s, IRA’s, mutual funds, stocks, bonds
The following documents will be required to verify eligibility: (Please bring documentation with you when applying.)
- Federal income tax forms
- State interest and dividends tax forms
- Statements for checking and/or savings accounts
- Statements for CD, IRA, stocks and/or bonds
All documents and copies of documents submitted with or requested to verify an application for a property tax credit, exception, or deferral are considered confidential and returned to the applicant after a decision is made on the application.
You must be logged in to post a comment.