The information below is from a trusted source about rental assistance. There may be a time when the car breaks, the heater burns up and COVID-19 hits the world! If you qualify, these programs are available to assist people with their rent and relieve some of the stress of life. Most vouchers need to be signed by the landlord, please contact Stacey 603-746-3600.
Please discontinue all outside sprinkler use. Hand watering with a hose is allowed for plants and gardens.
Please do not wash cars, houses or driveways. If you plan to pressure wash your house, please call first for an approval, depending on drought conditions.
August 24, 2022 Updates to follow
Here is a list of local banks with mobile home financing:
- Bank of New Hampshire
- Northway Bank
- Bellwether Community Credit Union
- TD Bank
- Sugar River Savings
- Webster 5 Cents Savings
- Priority Funding
Please contact Stacey if you know of other available options.
Concerns about HEAT TAPE…. the present one has been installed for years and no one knows how long it will last. Don’t wait until a pipe freezes, check it TODAY!
A fellow resident suggested this easy way to test your heat tape…
Open access to under you house to reach the heat tape wrapped around the main water supply.
Leave your hand exposed until it is real cold then grab around the insulated heat tape.
If it is warm the heat tape is working!!
Town of Hopkinton Elderly Exemption (RSA 72:39-a:)
The Town of Hopkinton has adopted an Elderly Exemption program. If qualified, the exemption is subtracted from the property assessment. The exemption for those who qualify is:
- 65-75 years of age as of April 1st= $120,000
- 76-79 years of age as of April 1st = $145,000
- 80+ years of age as of April 1st = $170,000
Applicant must fill out an Elderly Exemption Worksheet, covering the full calendar year preceding April 1st, along with a PA-29 “Permanent Application for Property Tax Credit/Exemptions”, sign, date and submit to the Assessor’s Office.
Listed below are the qualifications:
Elderly Exemption Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 65 years of age on or before April 1st of year applying.
- Must be the owner of record on or before April 1st of year applying.
- Must reside in the State of New Hampshire for 3 years on or before April 1st of year applying.
- Married couples must have been married for 5 years on or before April 1st of year applying.
- Must occupy as their principal abode the property qualifying for the elderly exemption.
Income qualifications will include any income from all sources in the calendar year proceeding April 1st.
- Single person income not to exceed $30,000
- Married persons joint income not to exceed $40,000
Asset qualifications will include any assets on the date of application
Assets not to exceed $150,000 (excluding the home in which they reside)
- All other real estate owned
- Checking and/or savings account balances
- CD’s, IRA’s, mutual funds, stocks, bonds
The following documents will be required to verify eligibility: (Please bring documentation with you when applying.)
- Federal income tax forms
- State interest and dividends tax forms
- Statements for checking and/or savings accounts
- Statements for CD, IRA, stocks and/or bonds
All documents and copies of documents submitted with or requested to verify an application for a property tax credit, exception, or deferral are considered confidential and returned to the applicant after a decision is made on the application.
THIS DOES NOT APPLY to THE MEADOWS of HOPKINTON
Contoocook Village Precinct –
BOIL ORDER NOTICE
The water system is contaminated with E. coli bacteria BOIL YOUR WATER BEFORE USING Posted on: July 14, 2020 – 2:19pm
BOIL ORDER NOTICE
This water system is contaminated with E. coli bacteria
BOIL YOUR WATER BEFORE USING
Public Water System Name: _Contoocook Village Precinct Water System_________ PWS ID: ___1191010____________
Date Sampled_7/14/2020___________ Location in distribution system/source(s) _2700 Hopkinton Rd., and 846 Main St.
Trouble financing the home because it’s a mobile home in a park?
I recently attended a house closing and met Al Lima from Northway Bank. He is a mortgage loan officer and specializes in mobile home mortgages. Northway Bank also will refinance mobile homes with a cash-out option if you have equity in your home.