TO ALL RESIDENTS:
As of, May 15, 2017, the Lawn Watering program below will continue after reviewing the improved drought information for New Hampshire.
For your review as of 5/4/17, information from NHDES…
May 9, 2017 Drought Update:
“A cool and wet week allowed for improvements to the remaining areas of drought and dryness in the region. Temperatures were 3-5 degrees below normal for the week while most areas were above normal for precipitation. Changes this week included the removal of abnormally dry conditions from Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and New York. A full category improvement to moderate drought and abnormally dry conditions was made in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maryland, and Virginia. There are still some indicators of long-term dryness in the region, but the most recent wet pattern has eliminated all drought concerns for the time being.” -Quote from www.droughtmonitor.uni.edu
April 25, 2017 Drought Update:
LAWN WATERING PROGRAM
DUE TO THE HIGH-VOLUME DEMAND ON THE WATER SYSTEM FOR LAWN WATERING, WE FEEL IT IS NECESSARY TO ESTABLISH A SCHEDULE FOR THIS PURPOSE. THE SCHEDULE WILL BE IN EFFECT MAY 1ST THROUGH OCTOBER 31ST. IT WILL BE ESTABLISHED AS PART OF THE PERMANENT RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE PARKS.
THE SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
ODD NUMBERED LOTS MAY WATER TWO (2) HOURS PER DAY ON ODD NUMBERED CALENDAR DAYS.
- EVEN NUMBERED LOTS MAY WATER TWO (2) HOURS PER DAY ON EVEN NUMBERED CALENDAR DAYS.
- IT IS EXPECTED NO ONE WILL WATER ON A DAY FOLLOWING RAIN OR ON A DAY IN ANTICIPATION OF IMMINENT RAIN.
- WATERING SHALL BE DONE BEFORE 8:00 AM AND AFTER 8:00 PM
- HAND WATERING OF SHRUBS, GARDENS AND WASHING OF AUTOMOBILES IS PERMITTED DURING THE DAY, WITHIN REASON.
- USE OF THE WATERING HOSE FOR ENTERTAINING CHILDREN MUST BE AVOIDED. PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE WHEN FILLING SMALL POOLS FOR THE CHILDREN.
- POOLS OVER 300 GALLONS MUST BE FILLED FROM AN OUTSIDE WATER SOURCE. DO NOT USE PARK WATER.
Updated September 1, 2005